New requirements for the issuance of temporary visa for visitors.
13 Jan 2023

Pursuant to an amendment to the Aliens and Immigration Regulation No. 14, new requirements have been added in order for a non-European to be able to apply for the temporary visa (known as pink slip). The said visa last for 12 months and it can be renewed every year.

The new requirements are the following:

- Copy of valid passport or other travel document with validity of at least three (3) months from the date of the submission of the application.

- Copy of the passport or other travel document, indicating the last arrival in the Republic and the relevant visa (if applicable)

- Original Clear Criminal Record Certificate from the country of origin or residence, if the applicant resides in a country other than the country of origin, with a duly certified official translation in Greek or English ONLY for the 1st Permit.

- Original medical examination certificate of blood tests, proving that the third-country national does not suffer from hepatitis B, and C, HIV, syphilis, as well as a chest X-ray for tuberculosis with a doctor's opinion, stamped by a specialist doctor from the Republic of Cyprus ONLY for the 1st Permit.

- Original letter of guarantee from a banking institution the Republic of Cyprus, with a duration of ten (10) years, to cover possible repatriation expenses in the name of the applicant from his/her own bank account. The amount depends on the country of origin. A copy must be submitted in a renewal. For British is not required.

- Certificate of Health Insurance for medical care that covers inpatient and outpatient care and transportation of corpse (Plan A).

- Title deed/purchase document deposited in the land registry or accommodation rental document (stamped, where applicable), duly certified. At the first permit the original document is presented together with a copy. The copy is presented at the renewal, or a Host Declaration for provision of suitable accommodation (where applicable).

- Evidence that the applicant has sufficient and stable resources, as analyzed below, derived from a stable or satisfactory income of the applicant outside the Republic. Income includes salary, pension, deposits in a bank account abroad, rents, dividends, interest on deposits or by exception from dividends from a company in the Republic (with certification by the Company's Accountant that he does not receive any salary from his position) or rents in the Republic , or from income in his bank account in the Republic from a salary from his previous work in a company of foreign interests.

- Detailed statement of bank account transactions in a financial institution in the Republic of Cyprus, for the last 12 months in case of a renewal or from the date of opening the account in the case of a first permit, showing the foreign remittances in the name of the applicant which in total should not it is less than €2,000 per month or €24,000 per year for one person. This amount increases by 20% for the spouse and by 15% for each child. For the purposes of calculating the amount, transfers abroad or to third parties will not be taken into account.

During the first permit, a cash transfer or deposit of at least €10,000 is also accepted. In the case of a cash deposit, the cash declaration at customs must be submitted. It is noted that when submitting the application for the renewal of the visitor's permit, the balance in the account must, in any case, not be less than €6,000, which corresponds to three months' income, regardless of the size of the family.

For purposes of calculating sufficient funds, the bank statement will be accompanied by:
(a) a declaration of the number of family members that the sponsor will support in the Republic and
(b) a summarized statement of income.

- Original marriage certificate duly authenticated/certified and translated into Greek or English (where applicable).
At the first permit the original document is presented together with a copy.
The copy is presented at the renewal.

Source: Ministry of Interior, Civil Registry and Migration Department.

Need Legal Assistance?
Feel free to get in touch with us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.